Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April Fools Day led to Hump Day

Well, last night ended very quietly at the office. It was slow enough that most of the staff felt safe leaving at a human hour rather than staying well past "closing" time. Officially, we open at 9 am and am open until 6 pm. That means someone's here at 8:30 and someone's here until 6:30 pm. I'm the 9:30 to 6:30 group. Mind you, not many people watch the clock that strictly. We're salary, not hourly and that leads to fluctuating hours on a daily basis. I've seen people here before dawn and staying until very late at night. (Have heard of employees having stayed overnight once or twice. Gotta love the few offices with nice couches (2 offices/2 couches). I live close enough that should hopefully never be a problem.

Anyway, at 6:35 pm I rang my Mother wondering where she was as I was ready to go and she was usually early. Traffic and a late start had slowed her down. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining. I was going to offer to go a block over and wait there because the traffic pattern is less hectic, thus less stressful for her. 'No, no problem. Wait in your office for me.'

So I powder my nose and glance out the front window as I'm walking back up front... MOMMIE!!!

So we're heading home and I'm talking about my day (she slept all day - Night worker, remember?) and she goes 'so... what's for dinner?' I'm tired so I'm like... 'er... pasta is easy.' She didn't wash dishes. Ok. I'm not going to wash dishes then cook so... EAT OUT! Yeah! Where? Er... um... er...

We debate, we compromise, we blacklist, and we finally agree on Chili's. They only opened it a few months ago and we hadn't been yet. Nice friendly attentive waiter, Corey. Reasonable, if boring appetizer, my fault... I ordered it without checking into the details of it. :-( Great meal. We both ordered a steak, each a little different.

The food arrives and I fish the roasted peppers OUT of my veggies and fling them onto Mom's plate (she likes them). I nibble at the veggies... poof... gone. I nibble at the mashed potatoes... poof... mostly gone. Er... should try the steak... I ordered rare and got medium. :-P Oh, well. At least, it wasn't dry or show-leather. Four bites and I had to ask for a to-go box. LOL I guess I wasn't in a meat mood.

Wish I could have slept last night. I was awake more than I was asleep. Plus I had this funky re-occurring dream about trying to make drinks in one of those mini Starbuck's that they tuck into stores. I ground some chocolate chip cookies in the coffee bean grinder by mistake. I was having no luck finding anything and kept wondering why no one had showed me how to do this. LOL So annoying.

Anyway... I'm here at work. Got my massive supply order in. Got it all tucked away now. All my morning stuff is done. I'm waiting on three separate tasks to be approved. I have two projects to work on... All in all, a good day. Now, if I can only stay awake. ^.^'

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

::Points at Kiri::

You said 'HUMP'!!! ROTFLMAO

Yeah, I'm being juvenile.

*Ding, ding, ding*

This is your wake-up call!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::snoring:: Huh? Five more minutes Mommie.... ::snoring::

Yeah, right. I did start to doze off but then I had the CFO ask me to place the lunch order for her and 6 other people. Then one of the Pres' executive assistants asked me to do some research with FedEx for her. Plus Mr. VP gave me another week of his expenses to do.

So I've been busy. Time for lunch. Advantage? Lunch cost me $5... the tip. ::evil grin::

Come to me, my Beef and Broccoli in Garlic Sauce... you're all mine!

11:50 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Aahh, broccoli... I love broccoli. Uncooked in a salad, crunchy from the wok or in one of my mom's casseroles... Not only tasty, but very good for you, loads of iron it them buggers!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, one of the girls opted to go for a burger and fries from a local place.... ::drools:: FRENCH FRIES!!! I flung money at her and begged cutely for fries. I got a small. I could share with several people in the office. I love "Five Guys".

12:42 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Fries??? You go gaga over FRIES??? Jeepers, sure, fries are nice and tasty, but I refuse to go gaga.

::Shakes head::

12:49 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

These are more like chips (as in British chips). Thick, a little salty and cooked in peanut oil. Yum.

1:20 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Are there any other kind? Only fries I'll buy!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

There are others. Blech...

1:50 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Don't know anything about them. Don't wanna know. They don't exist simply because I don't want them!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Agreed. They are nasty.

But the birthday cake went over really well. Chocolate cookie crumbs in a white cake with ice cream icing.

3:06 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yeah, give me virtual a sugar shock right before bed, why don't you?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::twitching:: Whatareyoutalkingabout? Sugarshock? What'sthat? Gee,doyouthinkthatthosehalosaround thelightsispretty,huh?

::goes outside and does laps around the building::

4:16 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oooohhh... Yeah... Pretty...

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home