Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Four Day Wrap-Up

Hiya!

Well, as you noticed, I didn't post Friday. Too busy. Can't recall all of it but there was much 'workage' happening. Friday I finally finished entering the receipts for the VP, it came to just under a grand in cash back to him.... No wonder he was after me about this. Got another tiny batch to do that he gave me after the monster batch so I'll be doing that today (hopefully). Heard back from the girls in Accounting today, I entered his stuff right... the first time! Go me!

My Saturday was mostly internal battery charging. I slept late. I played a little online, Puzzle Pirates. Then checked on the Mother-figure... still sleeping. Hey, she works nights. Then I went back to my computer and played Sid Meyer's Pirates... Fun but a bit monotonous after a while. Batteries weren't totally charged so I catnapped with my cat eagerly hopping up to join me. I could almost hear the "yes, that's good. Nap time. See? It's only taken me forever to teach you this trick."

After a bit, the Mom-person awakes and demands food. FOOD. So I stall her a bit. And take her out for an early dinner, rather than a late lunch. What's the difference? About $12 bucks and better main course and appetizers. I was being a 'good' daughter and surprised her with a plate of raw oysters on the half shell that I picked out myself from the hill of them. That's about 7 raw oysters and 3 or 4 lemon wedges. Don't 'ew' me. I don't eat them. She does, I just like hunting for the best ones for her. :-D We get home after a small shopping trip for the necessities and she goes back to bed. Me? I get to put stuff away and entertain myself. Oh, no! Whatever will I do? Er... read a book, watch a series of the boob-tube, watch a movie, play a game... pet the cat... feed the cat... throw cat-treats for the cat... try to trim her claws... find and use the bandages. See Mom off to work. Stay up late watching... er... Animal Rescue Heroes. I think... I was sleepy, I might have been watching my eyelids more.

Sunday rolls around, I sleep in late. (See a pattern here?) Shower, dress and race out the door to pick up junk for the gaming table (veggie tray, chips, chocolate, etc.) I see that the doughnuts are on sale. So I add a dozen doughnuts to the order. Expensive trip. Fruit for Mom's snacking at the office, all the gaming junk, my treat (olives off the olive bar & a marinaded artichoke), and few drinks for the home and the office totaled around $46 and change. I give $5 to whichever charity the store is sponsoring. I give another $5 to a woman begging as I'm loading the car. Felt like a total bitch, here I am cramming crap in the car and she's literally a walking post. I'm seen her around, there's a homeless shelter a few miles down the road and she stays there sometimes. So I gave her $5. I mean, it's not like I do that frequently.

Got to gaming before anyone else. Killed a little time trying to play Oblivion again. Woohoo. I remembered how to slash. Oblivion ended quickly when the others showed up. Gaming is a bit boring at times. Then another player & I had words. Ended with me taking my freezing self upstairs and curling up on the sofa under a blanket for a half an hour. I got summoned back down to gaming after everyone was done screaming. I wasn't going to have any of that. Gaming ended fine. No one's feelings apparently hurt. Yeah! Then I stayed up too late playing on the computer.

Work has been fun, lots to do and no energy to do it. But that'll teach me. (No, it won't but I figured that I should say it before someone else did.)

Got lunch ordered. Last minute again. These people don't understand how hard it is to feed a group this size on short notice. ::sigh:: Anyway, one meal got forgotten but three people weren't here who I had orders from so the 'owner' of the lost meal got to pick from the three options. He seemed happy enough with his choices.

Just finished cleaning up after the animals and sorted the mail... now to scan it some receipts and do the next batch of the VP's expense reports. Joy. ::stifles yawn as she shambles off to the scanning room::

Labels: , , , , ,

35 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Huh, didn't see you online at all, during the weekend. Not that I was actually anywhere near the computer after skimming mail and getting the headlines in the online newspapers.

I vegged completely out. Popcorn, peanuts, ice creme, chocolate... And movies... Yay for movies! Ad for cat that chose the spot right in front of the screen as her new hang out spot. Bushy tail blocking the view when she laid down, pointy ears and big furry body blocking everything when she was sitting up... Mostly, she was sitting up...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Ylva was enjoying herself I see. Popcorn, yum. Peanuts, yum in moderation. Ice Cream, MORE! Chocolate, yummy! Movies, cool. When I was online and playing games you were either asleep as it was LATE for me or you were... watching a movie, I guess. Not that I turned on my instant messaging program.

I was going online to game. Instant messaging kills your scores and gets you cussed at by your shipmates.

2:54 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I guess. No sense getting cussed out needlessly!

Aye, enjoyment was had by the furry one. I had to get up every two seconds and chase her down from there. A chore, seeing as I was in my recliner... In full recline mode! Darn it! Got to the point where I kicked the leg rest in, and she scampered gleefully off into the not so far distance...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Of course, it was a game.
"Is Mommy going to chase me now?"

Georgia was doing something similar this morning. She would wait until I was tugging clothes on or fussing with something to start pawing my purse. I'd yelp and come rescue it because she's shredded a spot on it already without me having noticed. I need a new bag, but I'm picky. So I'm trying to protect this one a little longer, than she can have it.

3:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Heh, I might have something you'd like.... I don't only have a boot fetish, I have a purse and bag fetish! Can't have enough of either.

What color, style, size? You'll never know... I think I have a few without piercings from The Empress lying around here somewhere.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

She's just making the holes for you to add decorations to the bags.

"I think you need a silver Gothic cross here and a Diamond stud here."

11:32 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

No crosses! Absolutely NO crosses!!!

As I am no hypocrite, I don't even wear them as asseccories. I'm far more comfortable with one of my pentacles or my Ankh. I haven't worn a cross since it was supposed to be a fashion statement back in the sixth grade. I had it in my ear...

11:59 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ack! ::backs off looking all shocked::

So sorry. ::chucks crosses out the window:: Right, won't make that mistake again... I hope.

12:14 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Hell, I'll leave them for others to use, either because it's part of the faith they subscribe to, or because they think they're cool and fashionable. Not me, and you should know, you set me on the trail of The Silver Broomstick!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, yes. I'm a food-pusher, drink-pusher, and a new religion-pusher. Geez, and I haven't been arrested yet?

1:00 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Nah, what you push is all good. Try any illegal substances, then we'll talk... through bars...

1:10 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No, no. I'm too sweet to go to jail. No!!!!

I don't need those sorts of girlfriends, thanks.

1:29 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I thought we were taking over the world... we set the rules and what laws that are to be in order. You can't get arrested, even if you wanted to!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, yeah. World domination. I mean, world peace through focused leadership... and a massive mutant ferret and angry badgers army.

1:41 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

That's the one. And you know, with The Empress and Georgia in charge of the secret police and chief interrogators, you're set!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah yes... that army. I wondered why Georgia was sharpening her claws on the mailman... and the FedEx delivery guy.

2:01 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

And she's getting nifty little pointers from The Empress, via their mystical feline bond... Hence the need to invest in a bigger toy, with more scratching posts, all seven of them... counting the one that couldn't be mounted due to the damaged part. It lies there, being used too.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I am starting to look for a toy for Georgia. She gets lots of little ones that she tends to ignore. :-( But I think a nice plush toy that all hers would be just the thing.

2:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

These toys might be bigger, but they give the cat's a little more to do, what with climbing and lounging from an elevated spot. Oh, and scratching posts, don't forget the scratching posts!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I won't forget the scratching posts. I just want to get her something that makes her happy. She's really not playing as much as she used to and she's showing her age that way, my sweet old lady.

9:44 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

She'd probably consider a toy of this magnitude a throne. Plenty of hang-out spots, slightly elevated so that she can have a perfect view of everything that goes on around her. I've noticed that The Empress doesn't follow me around everywhere if she's on the 'penthouse platform'. She can see perfectly well from up there, thankyouverymuch!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, that might help. Stick it in the living room, near my bedroom door. She won't be able to see me, but she will have the whole of the place to view... plus it'll be warmer.

12:06 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yep. it serves more purposes. An elevated vantage point, a den (in the case of Ylva's toy), a ladder and a plush, soft bed on top. Then there are the other surfaces that she hangs out on...

12:25 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Just worried about her being older and not jumping as much as she used to. I don't want to put a great big temptation for her in the house and then she can't use it fully without risking hurting herself.

12:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

They don't have to be as big as Ylva's. They come in all sizes, remember the tiny black one? The one that is now a wreck? Remember the picture?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yeah, I remember. I'll have to see what the local Petco has. Or I can go to Petsmart.

1:26 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

You do that! Ylva started out with the smallest available. But then she was only a kitten. She's a big girl now, and the little one was having trouble supporting her weight. It got kinda loop sided at the end.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

We'll see what they have in stock and ready to drag out the door.

2:00 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

The small ones aren't heavy. No need to drag, you can easily lift it.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - or I can have one of the stock people do to.

3:11 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Fine, if you wanna play the poor li'l defenseless woman, have it your way!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Only if they are cute.

4:21 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Huh, well color me not surprised!
^ ^
>'<

12:30 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh lookie, I made a kitty...

12:31 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - cute.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home