Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Current Interests

Figured that I'm make a list of my current interests (read as "I don't wanna print and bind 40 clipbooks":

Duran Duran - Yes, the 80's band that you secretly (or not so secretly) liked has a new album out called "Red Carpet Massacre". It is insanely good. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland helped on a few of the tracks and this album seriously makes you want to dance. The first single & video "Falling Down" is a ballad. The lyrics are Simon at his best. Emotional, visual and beautifully performed by the whole band.

Other seriously great tracks are: Skin Divers (go to YouTube to watch their performance of this song on Good Morning America), Nite-Runner (a swear I see people dancing a vicious, sexy modern tango to this one), the title track of Red Carpet Massacre (wicked satire), & Tricked Out (a fun and funky instrumental).

My big boo-hoo here is that the closest that their tour is bringing them to my area is when they play Merriweather Post Pav in Maryland in late May. With all of the car problems, I can't afford to go. :-P

Doctor Who/Torchwood - I love these series. Wish I had more time to devote to them. The 'new' doctor is a hottie and a half, David Tennant. Torchwood has that delicious John Barrowman aka Captain Jack Harkness. The fact that they have great storylines and interesting characters only helps.

Transformers - Okay, so this hit the theatres a long time ago and is now out of DVD. I finally saw it, okay? It kicked butt. I want a BUMBLEBEE! And an Optimus Prime if anyone has a spare laying around. LOL

Ack... the first batch of printing is done. Time to start binding. Chao!

Labels: , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

What the heck? I made a huge comment here and it's gone...

Oh well...

Here goes;

I'm right there with you on the Transformers, though I'd probably prefer to hang out with Ironhide over Bumblebee.

Music wise, Def Leppard are coming to my neck-of-the-woods. They'll be doing an outdoor concert at Fredriksten Fortress in Halden in May. And I'll be there, along with a bunch of people from work. We've got our tickets ordered and everything. I can hardly wait, it's going to be so cool seeing them live. Never did manage to get tickets to their other shows in Norway before, always sold out in a matter of minutes...

11:59 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Never been to see Duran Duran live either. Been wanting to since I was 12. LOL Finally, I thought I had a chance and everything goes splat. Oh well, hopefully I'll like the next album when it comes out. LOL

Nice to hear about the show, I will want a full review to appear here. LOL

12:27 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

If I can remember anything... Sure! I'm still loving Def Leppard as much now as when Pyromania caught my attention. Contrary to all the haters, I like what they're doing now too. They're not afraid to try something new, that's why everybody loved them for Hysteria. But now, they try something new... people want them to re-record Pyromania or Hysteria, or some bulldoodoo like that. Why should they? They've already done that! I must be one of the few people that actually got a kick out of their Slang CD. I thought it was a cool new sound for them, and I honestly enjoyed it. Why? Def Leppard! That's why!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

You need to hop over to YouTube and listen to Falling Down and then listen to (but don't bother watching any of the home-made videos of) their other new songs.

You'll love it.

3:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I was never really into Duran Duran, to be honest. I was a hard rock, kinda gal... still is. DD was always way too poppy for me.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::falls over::

Too Poppie... Gah!

::pantomimes pulling a stake out of her heart::

3:50 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, sorry ;op

DD was the epitome of pop, pretty boy pop. I was never into that. Boybands and whatnot. I wanted my music heavier than that... I do remember The Reflex being almost passable...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Wild Boys? They looked SO NICE in leather!!!!!

LEATHER!!! Simon Le Bon is LEATHER!

Gods, I remember them being pretty much the first serious crush I had. Simon was 'going' to be mine. LOL Nick was gonna be my bestest friend ever. John was gonna be a big brother figure. Roger was too. Andy was just sort of... there. I figured he'd be the pesty friend of my cool big brothers. LOL

Gods, my sweet geeky days of junior high and high school. Totally in love with Duran Duran, always wearing their t-shirts, and never shy about adoring them. LOL

4:16 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I might have gad a minor crush on Joe... He's still one of the most handsome men I've ever seen, though. Hafta love that man's eyes, and that smile with the huge dimple that went with it...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, at least we don't fight over guys too often. :-D

So... all of guys in Duran Duran are mine? Coolness. Def Leppard boys are all ours.

4:26 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

LMAO DD is all your but DL are ours? Now, how is that fair? ::Snickers::

Oh, I've been on a trip down memory lane. Watching the Young Guns movies and going back into a minor Lou Diamond Phillips crush... He does have a sweet smile, and nice eyes... I always head for the eyes... Why is that? Oh, and LDP with long hair nearly killed me! Dang that was hot!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No, no. I meant DL was ALL yours. YOURS.

::hands them over lock, stock and barrel::

Young Guns? I remember loving that movie. Mostly Keifer in my case.

4:33 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I'm currently celebrating your return with a healthy helping of Bailey's...

Mmmmmm.... Bailey's......

Oh huh? Where was I?

Oh, yeah, I'll take 'em... Hmmm... now what to do with them... Hmmmm....

4:41 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - We've got chilled white wine in the refrigerator here. A few reds on the wine shelf and a few as of yet unchilled whites too. It's all for the clients who visit on occasion.

And I who don't drink am in charge of safe guarding the bottles. Oh, gee. Thanks. And what do I do when I get into the office in the morning and a bottle (or two) is missing? Slap someone's hands?

That happened once. I came in, a bottle of red was missing. I went to the CFO to report it and she blushed and admitted that she and the other girls in Accounting drank it to celebrate passing the audit in good standing.

I was like 'er, you gonna replace it?' LOL Naturally, she did.

4:46 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, at least she fessed up... something I doubt a certain former employer of yours would... nah, he'd rather blame that on you too... Bitter on your behalf? Me??? Nah....

4:53 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Actually, he might have. But I"m not bitter. Why? He was talking me up Saturday trying to see if I was happy or not. He's hoping to get me back 'AT LEAST on the weekends'. I nearly died laughing.

Not until I see money.

4:58 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Just make sure you keep to that! See money, have money in hand, then maybe you'll help him out... unless he still owes you money....

5:02 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yeppers.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home