Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Monday Night/Tuesday Morning-Afternoon

Oh joy! Work was so slow for some of the crew last night that they felt comfortable with sneaking out a little early. So I was sitting in a mostly abandoned office for 2 hours. Actually, this was a good thing. Fewer distractions.

Dinner consisted of part of a cheap sausage & double-cheese pizza, the last of my mixed greens salad from Easter (with Buttermilk Ranch dressing) and a large birch beer on the rocks. Georgia was angry. No pizza for her. No salad, yuck. And she hasn't yet developed an appreciation of birch beer. So she spent dinner bathing against my left hip, rocking me slightly with each new pass. I was nearly seasick. ::laughs::

Skipped my Starbuck's run this morning in favor of hitting snooze twice. Wound up with a McDonald's' Hazelnut iced coffee and a sausage, egg & cheese McMuffin. My day of filing was given to an intern to do, yes! And the final clearing out of an empty office we were temporarily using for storage was given to the CFO's two sons later today. So... yeah!

So I've finished my weekly task of tracking where the big boss was this week morning, noon & night (trust me it's necessary for accounting purposes). I sent off the file to the CFO. Now I'm doing more on the never-ending task of updating the big boss' contacts. I've got to bind a few more of the booklets we provide to clients and interested people. (Intern-fare coming up.)

::Kiri puts on her favorite 'fishing for interns' music and starts casting::

Nope, too stuffy. ::release and re-cast::

Nope, wrong target career. ::release and re-cast::

Oh, this one might be a keeper. ::into the bucket and re-cast::

And so forth...

Honestly, I don't have to do anything in the intern hunt. That's all "Pepper's" job.

I brought in a huge batch of my cheesy-herb whipped redskin potatoes to share with the sweet pregnant girl in Accounting, Vanessa. But she called out sick today. Rats. So I shared with her office mate, Carlita. Made her a huge bowl and she's still eating it. ::I can hear the spoon against the sides of bowl.::

Made myself a big bowl too, but I've got avocado sushi and hot pork dumpling soup coming. Lunch tomorrow! ::soup going in the refrigerator::

Ok, back to work. Love you!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

That was a shitload of food...

So, in other words, I failed to distract you yesterday? Oh well, I'll just have to try harder today...

:: Says the girl who just bought the Transformers DVD ::

12:54 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Woohoo! You'll love it. Did you get the version with the behind-the-scenes stuff? ::eagerly bouncing in her chair::

1:00 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I have no idea, I just grabbed it while waiting in the checkout line...

Already seen the movie, but I wanna see on my 32" widescreen TV and not the 19" computer monitor...

1:02 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::drooling::

No, I don't see why. Not at all.

::runs off to see if she can get access to the big plasma in the conference room::

1:04 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh come on, it's not like I have one of those freaking 50" plasma's, I have a 32" LCD. I'm happy with it, size is perfect for a small apartment.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::looks over from the huge plasma hanging in the corner::

"Huh?"

::popcorn dangling on lip::

"You say somethin'?"

::turns back around as an explosion in heard from the screen::

"Oh, I love you, Michael Bay. Go! Get him Bumblebee! Knock his block off!"

1:12 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

In the cartoon verse, I always like Optimus Prime, in the movie he's getting serious competition from Ironhide... Ratchet too, as he zaps Bumblebee with his diagnostic doodad, on the fly, while introductions are made.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yep, loved the movie. Loved the little boxing moves/dancing Bumblebee was doing during the introductions. His voice at the end didn't match his personality. I expected young and playful and got older and vaguely British. Blah!

Optimus Prime forever! Getting his vocal actor back was pure genius on Bay's part. And Hugo Weaving for Megatron's voice? Brillant.

12:50 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I adore Hugo Weaving! Wonderful actor, he can be bad guy or good guy, I don't care. He's that damn good. Aussie's answer to Alan Rickman, in mu opinion.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yep - they are both awesome actors. Their delivery of their lines is amazing. They could read the phone book and it would be riveting.

1:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Absolutely!

Heh, we were sitting at my mom's place on Sunday, talking religion, Da Vinci Code and movies. Got me thinking about Dogma, all over again... Should be time for another repeat soon.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'm thinking pirates because I like this online game "Puzzle Pirates" and I've finally gotten back around to playing it. LOL

2:31 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

What does pirates have to do with Alan Rickman? My mention of Dogma was a reference to AR... But then, you're a little set in your ways... kinda like me ;o)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I meant the game was the reason that the Pirates movies were on my mind. It had nothing to do with AR. But he would have made a lovely Governor Swann. He does humor well and serious turns.

3:02 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

One word... 'DOGMA!' There it is, proof positive that he can do comedy, straight faced comedy, even. Who else could have delivered his lines with a straight face, not showing signs of cracking up?

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home