Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Lovely Day at the Office...

Last night passed, there. Updated about that. Mind you, you missed really good macaroni and cheese that Mom made last night. Oven-baked, real cheddar cheese... ::drools::

Anyway, I brought two dozen doughnuts (Dunkin, thank you) for everyone. Why? Because I do this like... every Friday, but I had an urge for a doughnut and since I was stopping anyway... it's lunch... only 1/2 the office is in the office today with many of them out on the road at events... Most of a dozen remain.

This morning's been hectic. Tally scores & Typing up some handwritten notes for the Director of Staff. Ordering lunch for the CFO & a few others. Delivering it once it got here. Breaking down about 20+ old cardboard boxes for recycling. Emptying the shredder and putting a new bag in. Shredding some stuff for the executive assistants' of the Pres. Making client folders for Accounting. Sorting the mail. Delivering the mail. Starting the processing of the payments we got today. And this was all before lunch.

I'm at lunch. I've still got a huge job ahead of me... Entering the one of the many VPs we have at the company's expense reports. A lot of them. That are still not done. And he called me about them... days ago. Er... oops...

::blushes::

But ShadowRider posted a reply! Yeah! She realizes that I'm alive! And she offers cool things. Whoa. Nice.

12 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yay for ShadowRider! Cool things, indeed. Gonna take her up on it?

So, at least my day was calmer today. Seems yours has been a little hectic?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I may just do that, take her up on the offer, that is.

Less hectic? I guess. But if I don't get those expense reports done for that VP, he's gonna string me up.

1:18 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

As if you're not highly strung enough already, as it is... ::sheesh::

1:19 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::chuckles::

Actually, today I'm cold. Got my space heater on under my desk. Not helping cold fingers or cold small of back. No sweater, I took it home to wash it. Forgot it in the dryer.

Chewing some minty gum trying to kill the wicked breath-weapon I gained after eating Beef with Spring Onions for lunch.

"Wah! She has dragon-breath! Run!"

1:22 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yum, spring onions! Tell them to be grateful it's not garlic! ::Sheesh:: Won't even let a poor girl have her spring onions in peace...

1:25 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No, even I am afraid of my breath right now. They didn't cook those onions long enough. They were still crunchy. ::coughs::

1:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, you're getting nothing but envy from me. I like my onions a little crunchy, raw, even, if the dish calls for it.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'd give you the ordering information for them, but they have a limited delivery radius.

Norway is outside that radius.

1:34 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Darn it! Just my luck... Ooooh, potatoes are boiling, I'll get to make the rest of my dinner soon.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Definitely! and you haven't seen our new place, even have a guest room with a bed! LOL! No more camping out on the couch. And I can take you out to see the horses, make homemade biscuits for breakfast....etc.

Did I mention we have a pool table, pinball machine and dart board in our basement bar?? Along with every game system invented.

Remember my urchin child? He is now 6 ft tall.

So Witchy, you coming too? It's just a short flight..

7:53 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Short flight, eh? Try about 15 hours to NY, then add whatever time it'll take from there... I can feel it in my hips already.

Would've been fun though!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, sounds fun. Horses, biscuits, seeing if any of the four-legged critters likes me (before the liberal giving of carrots and apple slices). See if Katana, the cat, still freaks around me.

Er... I have to go home why? LOL

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home