Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Friday, March 21, 2008

Duran Duran Tickets on sale now

Yes, today at 10 am Tickermaster began selling tickets to Duran Duran's late May appearance at Merriweather Post Pavilion. My sister finally gets back in touch with me after days of silence to tell me that we can go if I want, she'll buy our tickets tomorrow when I give her my money. $140... shortly before PAYDAY. Um... what is she smoking? It's not legal.

It's like 'are you afraid I'll stiff you on my ticket?' I mean, by tomorrow... hell, by NOW, all of the really good seats are gone. By tomorrow, the decent seats will be gone. By the time I have the cash to buy a seat, I'll be behind the freakin' metal support beam like I was LAST TIME I went there to see (right, try hear) a show. (Thankfully, David Lee Roth likes to travel the stage a goodly bit.)

Argh!!!

Anyway, today has been a good day minus a meeting this morning where one of our VPs asked me about the expense report I was working on for him... er... three weeks ago... Um... oops?

So, I need to finish that report. Finish the new reports he's given me. Order the company lunch for Monday. And... ::sighs:: anything else that pops up.

Is it time to go home yet?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Sorry, no! It's not time to go home yet, I just got in and you can't leave me alone yet... so there!

::blows raspberries::

Sucks that she can't cover your ticket until you get paid. I thought that was a natural thing between friends. Hell, I covered my friends plane ticket as well as her part of our hotel room in London until we were at the airport where she got it put of the bank-machine. To me, that was a completely natural thing to do. I knew she'd pay me back when her pay fell into her bank account. See, in Norway, we don't get paychecks, our salaries are deposited directly into our bank accounts from accounting. Easier for us, we don't have to stand in line in the bank in order to deposit it.

I would never had told her that I couldn't pay her share as well as mine while waiting for her to pay me back. The tickets and hotel room had to be paid at a certain date. Not her fault that her pay day was two weeks after that.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, I know. When we were younger, I'd treat her all of the time. As a new mother, I'd treat because she was caring for a premmie. Now, I am not paying for everything ans she's gotten very... leery about money.

Whatever... My friend, Maria, just called asking about Easter dinner. While we were discussing ham or lamb, I mentioned that I was going to visit Uni (my sister) tomorrow and about the tickets situation. Maria was totally cool about it. Said she'd grab them as soon as she got home and would call me. Asked the top-end I'd pay for good seats, etc.

I'm going to see Duran Duran!!! Woo-hoo!!! SIMON!!!! NICK!!!! JOHN!!!! ROGER!!!!

Woo-hoo!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::running around her office like an idiot on speed::

12:41 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!! Duran Duran!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I'm happy for you! My tickets have been bagged since January! I'm getting to see the Lepp's live and I can hardly wait!

Heck, I can be leery about money too, but that's because I live alone and have to manage all expenses alone. Mortgage, rent, electricity bill, phone bill, groceries and a whole hell of a lot more. I'd still cover things if I have the cash needed until my friend's payday. It's just the way we roll. She'd do the same for me.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home