Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time for an update

Well, the long pause in posting is partially due to the silence echoing from the other end of cyberspace that Witchy occupies, but to be fair to her it's also due to work and sickness. Sickness is a new thing, knocked me on my tushie Sunday night and I've been fighting it since then... it's Wednesday folks. Ugh.

Last night was a particularly bad night as I lay tossing and turning on sweat-moistened sheets, the music playing doing little to ease my sickness or my heavy heart. My beloved Duran Duran was playing a brief hour drive away from my home and I was here... listening to them serenading me via CD. It's not the same.

Not by a long shot... Simon bouncing around stage engaging and still gorgeous. Nick swaying behind his beloved synth, pout in place. Roger rocking behind his drum set, keeping the beat and jacking up heartbeats all over the stadium. John 'playing that fucking bass' still a moody and charming rogue after all these years. I'll give Dom a polite nod here not having a lot of experience with him yet. The concert, although I hate Merriweather Post, must have been great.

I remember hanging out with friends by where the buses park, acting like a total idiot right along side my friends over this band or that. Honestly, Duran Duran is THE band that I've been waiting to see. Again... I miss them. This sucks.

Anyway, I am trying to fight through the total lack of strength this cold has rendered me down to and try to get some work done. Bleh.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Don't you just hate being sick?

Oh, and I've been around, as you know! Puttering about over at Spaces with my sister, bonding a little - as we never did that before. It's been kinda nice.

I've been checking your Space a few times, hoping you'd gotten some tile to play with it, but it's till kinda barren. I'm having so much fun over there, I've been thinking about making another. In English!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

That'd be cool. No, no time to learn how to make it cool. Work, friends, sickness, and my Mother's double-shift all tied up my time.

2:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

You'll get there!

Once you get started, it's hard to stop!

I made my original Space private again. Only friends and messenger contacts. The other would be open for all.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Might be wise. After all, I did try to look at your Space from home but it didn't recognize me and I was too brain-dead to think of my login.

2:38 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Forgot to tell you about that. My sister and I decided that with all the private photos, we should keep somewhat of a lid on things. You're still welcome there, just remember your freaking password!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Er... that's good question. I wonder what it is?

3:31 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Were you on medication when you made that account?

I have no idea what your password is, it's not like you sent it to me for safe keeping... Like you should have with your old avatar... ::Grumbles::

3:41 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, I figured it out on the fourth try. And my old logo had purple hair. Purple. I'll draw a new one. I'll draw a new one. As soon as the room stops spinning.

Mommy? Can I go to bed now?

::snoring::

4:55 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I know she had purple hair! Darn it, I loved that avatar as much as I love my own! She was YOU!

::Mourns the loss of purple haired, Kiri-shaped avatar::

1:05 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

We'll see what I come up with next. Just relax. I'll try to whip something together Saturday.

12:25 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Ooooh, can't wait! But knowing you, I refuse to hold my breath... A blueish purple face is not a good color on me...

12:51 AM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Hey, why the long silence? I got so bored I had to entertain myself..created new website and 2 blogs..
http://shadowsrider.com/
http://findyourgrail.blogspot.com/index.html
http://ihaz2manyhorsez.blogspot.com/
So now you have more thing to read at work. :-D

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home