Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Friday Briefing

Well, with Witchy laid up with a nasty.. er... flu(?) I've had huge amounts of time to work. And I did. A lot. Oye!

I was juggling three VPs' expense reports. One is leaving the company so he's SO not interested in the dotting of "i's" and the crossing of "t's". So that's fun. Another is my 'big baby' who I have to beat up to get the receipts because he was never properly trained and as his 'work' is different from the other VPs, his handling of the expense reports is different. (I'm staring at a folder stuffed to exploding point full of stuff for him... Joy.) The last VP is the one that I first inherited this duty for and then he stopped having me do it. Joy. Well, he's back. LOL First thing he did was drop four weeks of receipts on my desk and say "sort and report". Joy. Then a week later, he grabs me and drags me to the conference room with even more receipts and says I messed up and here's how to fix it. Er... you TOLD me what to charge to each client, so... I messed up? ::sighs::

I've been fighting to get new cards and stationary ready for our NY office, which is moving to a new location. They took forever to get things approved and then I needed to talk to them about quantity. When I got a hold of my equivalent in the NY office (except with more authority as she is EA to the other owner, the nice one), she acted like I was crazy not to have just randomly ordered. Er... How do I know the quantities they'll need? ::sigh::

The big color printer had issues. I had to call for a repair tech to fix it. Stupid people keep slamming the paper drawers. ::snarl:: Then they grouch at me when it doesn't work. Er... HELLO?

So anyway, Witchy's back, sort of. I've posted. All's reasonably well.

Oh, and did I mention that I had a little Spring cold too? No? Silly me. ACHoo!

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Joy! More sickness! I can only hope that you're not coming down with what I had. I do not wish scabbed-shut nostrils on anyone! It's freaking painful and gross looking!

Also, for some strange reason, the very tip of my tongue is painful too. Stinging and whatnot. Actually feels like I managed to get a cold sore there too. It's painful eating, that's the real bummer...

3:30 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I understand. Sometimes I get a cut on my tongue from my very sharp teeth. Hurts like hell.

3:35 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yeah, but those stop hurting after a couple of minutes, this has been painful since Wednesday!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No, it doesn't. It hurts until it heals.

3:40 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Not mine, but maybe yours... Though, I rarely get cuts on my tongue, just stingers! There are no cuts this time either, I checked. A couple of teeny, weeny blisters, no cuts!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Virus. A bad one. A REALLY Bad one. That's it, bed rest and lots of TLC.

3:51 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Aw man, do I hafta? I've been in bed for a whole week...

3:53 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, you can do what you like, but I'd think that a lot of rest would sound good to a tired, healing body.

4:02 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yeah, but it's murder on the back! Honestly, If my back didn't get so sore, I'd probably be in bed right now. But if I do, I'll be back up between 4 and 5 am because of it. The human body, well, skeleton rather, was not designed to spend a whole week in bed... Just ask me, I know!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Learn to roll over. Soak in a hot bubble bath. Or at least take a long hot shower. Always helps me when I am sick. Clears the sinuses for a bit. Gets me feeling a little better. Untightens those stiff muscles.

4:19 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yeah, rub it in, why don't you?

I wish I had a bath tub... But alas, all I have is a tight little shower cabinet...

I can't take a long shower, I get too dizzy to stay on my feet for longer than a minute or two at a time. I've never found doing the faceplant on my pillow remotely comfortable, so it's my back or even better, my side...

4:23 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Argh... I don't take bubble baths, they dry my skin out too much. But even a short shower would help, hon.

4:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Nope, short showers don't work at all, trust me! Tried and failed. If I want a bubble bath it's either going to my mom's or my friend's house. Hmmm, my friend has a huge bubble bath. Jets and all!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Call. Go. Beg. Bribe her with bath salts.

4:37 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

No need, she told me all I had to do was holler! But as it means getting outside to actually drive to her house, I'll have to wait until my shape picks up a little... also not too keen on showing the world my scabbed-shut nostril. Did I mention the grossness and huge ick-factor?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::grimaces:: Yes, yes, you had. Towel over head, steaming bowl of water under face? Gentle oil rub of sore nose afterward? Will hurt but helps healing... might help avoid sealed shut problem.

Ice cube on a cold sore might help too.

4:51 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh, I can see it now...

::Witchy sits with her head over a bowl of steaming hot water, towel over head::

::The Empress cannot bare this new mystery about to unfold before her::

Makes a tentative swipe at the towel::

::Getting no reaction, she takes a running leap just as Witchy turns to see what she's up to::

::Water splashes everywhere as The Empress lands unceremoniously in the waterbowl::

Fuck!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Cat soup anyone? No? Why not?

Oh yes... one angry wet, hissing, fleeing feline and hot steaming water all over an already sick person and everything else. Yes, I can see why this would not be a good thing....

12:13 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, and I'm over my cold now thankfully. Just a tiny bit of itchy nose left.

12:14 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Be thankful, be very thankful! My nose still burns with the cold sores. People at work drew away from me in horror today, it's that bad still.

Hissing? The Empress? I haven't heard her hiss once. I've dunked her, no hissing. A lot of clawing and squirming to get out of my deathgrip on her, but no hissing... I had to dunk her. She had crap in her tail and I had to rinse it out...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

And you weren't wearing the full body armor and face mask? Are you nuts? Have the scars healed?

I had to trap Georgia in a corner, have help holding her to give her a hot washcloth scrub when she was sick and couldn't bathe well. She could still fight, bite, scratch, squirm, hiss, and yowl mind you.

3:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Nope, no body armor or face mask... latex gloves (bought from the drugstore) was all I needed. There was massive squirming, clawing, but that seemed to be focused on my hips/back. My clothes were thick enough she didn't do any damage. But completely silent! No hissing, no yowling, not even the tinsiest little 'meep'.

Poor thing, every time I tuck her (backwards) under my arm now, she thinks she's about to get dunked!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home