Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Friday, May 02, 2008

More Roses

Yep, one night and three more lovely red roses were begging to come to the office with me. They are now happily brightening the offices of a few co-workers I missed yesterday.

Come Monday I expect to be able to almost finish off "rosing" the office. I've still got 10 people to go... maybe 9, someone is leaving us so it's a gamble to see if I have a rose for him before his last night. I'll miss him, he's a big, loud teddy bear sort of guy with an amazing way with words.

On a work note: I had to record an interview today. Got the recording device from Media, knew how to use it. Tested it. Erased my test. Set it up and let the guy doing part of the interview handle it.

I've had to create and print a Fedex label (right now!), print and hole punch and place a large print job in a binder (right now!), pay for and hand out the lunch order that just arrived (right now!), the run back and forth to the server room to fiddle with some cables for the tech who isn't in the office today (right now!) and the guy doing the interview comes dashing out of his office because the recorder is making a funny noise. Great. So I dash in, it's counting down... cr@p, it's memory is full. The guy goes dashing to Media for another recorder or help at least. Meantime, the other interviewer doesn't know anything is wrong and is still going on with the interview. Finally, Media guy appears and erases several old recordings. We have room! We restart. (We wind up missing about 4 minutes total.)

I'll check sh#t for the time we missed, but there was supposed to be a recording going on there side as well. I'll hopefully catch the missed time when we get their copy of the interview. Hopefully. ::sigh::

Is it time to go home yet?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home