Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Heard from the Doctor's Office

Well, Mom had a doctor's appointment yesterday. They told her that she wasn't diabetics yet but if she didn't start making some changes she would be soon. So she's got to go to a few classes to learn what changes she needs to make. I've pledged my total support to this. We'll both eat healthier. We'll both get out and walk more. I am trying to figure out how we can get an exercise machine into the house. Something low-impact that will be able to grow with us. We'll see.

But the good news is that I still have my mommy and that we BOTH are going to be taking better care of ourselves.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, but more good news. She's lost 5 pounds since she saw the doctor last. :-)

11:56 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Good to hear! Sorry, I've been quiet lately. Been trying to get my strength back after the flu. It did me in, completely!

May I suggest a treadmill? They're good for walking and as the shape gets better, jogging. Either that, or get a couple of bicycles. That and swimming are considered some of the safest ways to exercise! Keep it safe, above all else. If you get bikes? Get helmets too!

Way to go, Mom unit!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh, also decided to get an early night, so I'm staying off the IM tonight. Otherwise, it'd be a late night after all... I know me! ;o)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - You rest. I've got a full plate of work in front of me. So I'll work, you rest and we'll play later.

8:59 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Your piccie's gone... Whazzupwitdat?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I see my piccie fine.

9:45 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yah, now! It wasn't there before, I swear!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

It's okay. Weirdness is the rule of the day here.

We are having huge amounts of rain. Big trees nearby have simply uprooted as the ground was too saturated to support them.

Causing a traffic nightmare, power outages when they hit the lines, and wrecking these really lovely old trees.

10:07 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Wow... Guess my sunny, warm and summery week and weekend isn't something you wanna know about, then?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Actually, do tell me more.
I miss sunshine. ::chuckles::

11:41 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oooh, it's nice and bright, and it gives your skin nice warm tingles, and everything is hot and the complete opposite of cold... and it made The Empress pant like a common pooch!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Oooooo! saw Iron Man this weekend! Don't you just wanna tie Tony up and spank him? Yummy! Good charecters, good plot, good fun!
BUT I hear if you stay to the end of the credits, there is a tease, I missed it! Wah!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes! I saw it!

You must see it. It's funny.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home