Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Five Guys" for lunch today

For those of you not lucky enough to have one of these near you, Five Guys is a burger joint. Handmade patties, never frozen, all beef. Lovely fresh buttery buns lightly toasted on the grill. All the toppings you can shake a stick it or none or some if you so chose. And the FRIES! The yummy peanut-oil cooked fries... or chips for the Brits reading.

Okay, until today I had turned my nose up at the idea of eating fries/chips with malt vinegar. I don't know why. It just seemed wrong. Silly me was grabbing a container for ketchup and caught a whiff of the malt vinegar sitting beside the ketchup and I had to try a little. I don't know why, I just did.

Not bad. Really nice in fact. Less overpowering than ketchup and not too sweet. Nice. Mind you, I still like ketchup with my fries/chips, but this is good stuff. I apologize for my previous silly thoughts about malt vinegar on fries/chips.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Vinegar???
::Face crinkles up accordingly::
Eeww...

I prefer to dunk 'em in Ranch dressing... of which I still have none... ::Nudges Kiri::

... or mustard, but it has to be strong!

Discovered that The Empress has a taste for Yogurt... Pineapple flavored, coconut flavored, she'll have 'em both! I have two polished spoons to prove this!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home