Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Monday, May 05, 2008

Iron Man, Roses and Mondays at the office

Saw Iron Man on Satruday, paid my part of the $100 million it raked in on it's opening weekend. Wahoo! Robert Downey Jr. did a great job! Sell it baby! Sell it! I'm buyin'.

Went up to visit the sister-type person, we went together to see it, she loved the rose from my garden.

Sunday was fun, slept late, clipped a half a dozen red roses off the bush, clipped a single lovely yellow rose off that bush, and went to hang out with Maria and Keith at their place. Maria loves roses and really wants to grow her own. I'm hoping that Keith will see how lovely and productive healthy bushes can be and will relent on his 'no roses' policy.

One day later (this morning) another 4 red roses were ready to clip and another yellow one. Actually more are ready but I wanted to leave some on the bushes. Mind you, I casually counted another 10 buds preparing to open on the red and 7 on the yellow. I love my roses!!!!

I'm glad that I had a nice weekend because today is promising to be a hectic day. I walk in after stopping at the store to buy sodas to go with the company-sponsored lunch today. Oye! Five cases. I got in, made coffee, made tea, emptied the dishwasher, and settled down to get to work. Co-worker "Big Jim" walks up and reminds me that we have another 'in-house' group tonight. Lovely, there goes my day. Morning... prepare for company lunch. Before noon... run to the local place catering lunch and pick up the order and then set it all up in the conference room. Early afternoon... clean up after lunch and start the room preparations. Late afternoon... print any necessary forms for the group. Write up names tags for participants. Prepare clipboards for participants. Evening... set up food and drinks for group. Set up the other food and drink for the 'clients' sponsoring the group.

Tomorrow? I get to clean up after all of this. ::faints:: Oh, and Mom has a doctor's appointment today. She went last week to do the pee in the cup stuff and they called her back shortly thereafter and told her to come in today. Naturally, we are worried. I'm hoping for news that's not too frightening. Just a medication dose change or something. I'm hoping.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home