Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update

Well, I haven't posted work/life related stuff sense the middle of last week. SO to catch up...

Thursday evening we had a research group in the office for an interesting discussion that I wish I had stayed to listen to, but alas... after setting up for the group:

- clipboards
- pens
- food
- drink
- breaking down the room into group mode
- preparing the clients' viewing area
- their food
- their drink
- their supplies
- greeting guests as they arrived on site

I was too pooped to stay. So home I went.

This was the first time a co-worker of mine had a group in the office. (He's a noob, but an angel of one.) So I was going out of my way to help and reassure him that we'd do fine. All in all, it was a good set-up and a normal group. He'll get used to the little moments of chaos that never fail to happen. Copier jams, food arrives seconds before the guests do, etc. ::shrug:: Been there, done that. Jaded. Let's move on.

Friday morning was clean up. This was finished within 45 minutes which is a new record. The noob did a huge chunk of it the night before (unusual) and thus I was able to knock it out in no time. Yeah, noob! I was supposed to be transcribing whenever I had a chance since then and have had a glorious two hours to devote to it. Should be more like 5, but I hate transcribing.

::sigh::

More later, the transcription awaits and ain't going anywhere.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transcribing does suck donkey balls. I'm sorry but there's no other way to describe it... :-)

Tell your mom I said Hi!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Woohoo! You bet I will and you are so right. It sucks.

I am thankfully able to hand off the last of it to the last intern, "Cryin'" who has become a major pain in the a$$ by not showing up when he's scheduled and then we hunt him down to hear "I'm sick." Or "I'm late."

::sigh::

But today, he's late and when he gets here. He's inheriting 2.5 hours of transcription.

Oh! And Joe gave me the teddy bear I've been telling him I wanted.

(Joe got the teddy bear from an office that we do business with. A gift, you know, "don't forget us". Well, I have been cooing over it for the three weeks he's had it. I've threatened to steal it. I've hidden it on him three times. Finally, the other day, he gives it to me after getting me to promise that I'll take care of his office plant while he travels. Duh! I would have even if he forgot. But I got the teddy bear out of it! Win-win!)

Omar is MINE! ::evil, if girly chuckling ensues::

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home