Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Nearly a month has passed...

Nearly a month has passed since my last blog update. I could go into a huge list of reasons why but basically it all boils down to life biting my ass... as usual.

The new thing was 'the talk' at my office. Yes, I was given a 'improve in 30 days' talk. I'd like to say that I think that it was not totally uncalled for. But I do think they were excessive on some points. Never the matter, I have done several things in the last few weeks since the meeting to 'improve' my performance.

  • My desk was moved away from the young, college-age, impressionable interns, who it seems I have been chatting with too much and interfering with their training.
    I call bullshit on this one. They don't talk to me that much. They chat and gossip and goof off all around me without including me. Including massive conversations on IMs. If anyone is distracted, it's me.

  • My desk is now up at the front desk. Joy, joy. I am the first person you see when you enter my office. I get to greet guys, redirect the lost persons who stumble into our office, sign for every package that comes in, sort the mail, deliver the mail, keep my desk spotless (while working) and make sure the lobby is tidy... Shoot me.
    It's my fault. It's the only free seat that isn't in a private office and I don't get one of those... don't ask... don't think about it.

  • I have to get back to cleaning the kitchen, breakroom, supply room, printer stations, etc.

  • I have to better track supplies and the purchases of them.

  • I have to monitor other departments and offices to make sure they stay in budget.

  • I need to learn not to 'share' in conversations happening around me. I'm not college educated so no one expects me to know everything... so say nothing. Bad information/input is worse than no input.

  • I have to answer the phones the 'company' way. "Good morning/afternoon/evening. <>. This is Kiri. How can I help you?" Every time, all the time. Which is fine here at the front desk where I can hear myself think. I screwed it up all the time in intern alley from the raw noise. Typically, I'd forget to say my name. ::sigh::

Basically, shut up and be the slave we hired. Nice, eh?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh yeah, real nice! And so completely unfair!

Still, it's good to have you posting again ;o)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Thanks. I like everyone in the office most of the time. Only two regularly make my life hell... Hippie and Moneybags. Both have seniority over me and love to use me in their personal games of tug-a-war. Ouch.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Well, the first one sounds like the classic 'someone got in trouble and blamed it on someone else.' But at least now you are away from them. Glad to have you back blogging! I was reduced to harassing NorthWitch, and that's a dangerous pastime!

7:58 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

WHAT??? I'm not dangerous... ::Whimpers:: It's all Kiri's fault!

The only danger you'll encounter around me, is being harassed into opening up a Live Space over at that other place Kiri and I play. Both our pages are wide open, so you should just take a peek and see what it's all about.

Mine is here;
http://nimue-avalon.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033

Kiri's is here:
http://raina-nathair.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

1:18 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yep - Poking the Witchy is potentially hazardous to your well-being. Lab accidents, mutants, curses, hexes, dragons... Nah, you're perfectly safe.

9:35 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Points over at Kiri -->>

Yep, what she said! Perfectly safe!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

I have 2 blogs and a website, no way I have time for another webby thing to keep up.
http://shadowsrider.com/
http://ihaz2manyhorsez.blogspot.com/
http://findyourgrail.blogspot.com/

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home