Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Friday, April 18, 2008

She's Alive!

Quote:

"::Pokes nose out of covers::

Just so sick that I really don't feel like being too far from my bed. I've received the spring cold from Hell(!) courtesy of one of the boys at work. He's very, very sorry, so there's no need for drastic measures. I've been to work all week, and that has left me with absolutely no energy for anything but sleeping and staying under warm covers... Yep, I got the added bonus of massive fever attacks, they come and go... and is now coming again... Sheesh! Oh, yeah... The Empress is not happy about this, she's acting very miffed these days...

::Shuffles back to bed, kleenex in one hand, cup of tea in the other::"

Aigh! Sick but alive. Empress needs to take advantage of those fever attacks, snuggle. And cats make lovely feet warmers. Teehee.

Feel better!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

::Pokes nose out of covers again::

Nature calls when living of tea packed with lemon drops. Yes, real lemon drops... as in the juice of lemons...

::Takes a peak at Kiri's blog::

Huh? Quote? Oh, yeah, now I remember dropping a line to stop my partner in crime from worrying.

See, The Empress is no leg or foot warmer, she never stays still long enough to even try. Snuggles? Nope, if she's allowed into the bedroom, she'll be swinging from the curtains at point zero time. No rest for me that way... Heck, If I poke my feet anywhere near her, it's nibble time!

::Sniffles, sniffles some more::

My sinuses are telling me they're still with me...

::Blows nose, The Empress fleeing from the LOUD honking noises::

Nope, I'll be spending this weekend in bed, more or less... The worst part is that tomorrow is my Grandmother's 99'th Birthday, and I can't go give her a hug. She's not strong enough for a cold like this now!

::Shuffles back to bed, more Kleenex in hand - no tea, though::

4:48 PM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Oh, hope you feel better soon! try adding cinnamon and cloves to your tea (easy on the cloves), with the lemon (or orange) it will help you beat it. Cinnamon is a natural anti biotic and cloves are a natural anti histamine.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Listen to ShadowRider, she's good at that home remedy stuff.

Get better fast and go give Grandma a hug. She'll be happier that you're better.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home