Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Idiots I Formerly Worked With

Oh, joy... Oh, ecstasy...

Chalk this one up to immaturity and severally not understanding someone's personality type.

My boss, El Jefe, is paranoid. Seriously, the world is out to get him. Everyone, all the time. So when former employees and he had a 'falling out', he assumed that they would try something. Me? I tend to trust in others to behave like intelligent adults. HA! I need therapy.

Anyway, one of the guys goes and puts some of the work he was a part of on his personal site in his gallery. Problem, he doesn't cite us as the company who did it, he doesn't mention that he was a part of a team. Nope, just 'look what I did'. MAJOR SLAP ON HANDS. Result, he can't use the materials now. Doh! If he'd given proper credit, he could have. Not now.

Did he learn anything?

No... of course not.

This weekend El Jefe calls me. Tells me that someone made a website from his old personal company name and has horrible lies about him up on the web, did I know anything about this? Um... no. I'd have ratted out the stupid boys if I did. (Thus why they didn't tell me.) He can't prove who they are yet but as we talk and I make a few suggestions, he finds out that the site is quoted to a "private party" in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania? Hey, didn't the first of the two guys keep going to PA to visit his family? Bells go off. We do more digging. Yep, the space was bought by guy #1 at guy #2's prompting and they built a site slandering El Jefe.

Today, I walk in not having EVER seen the site and let the boss know that I'd like to take a moment to look at it and I hear "my laywer made them take it down already." ::blinks:: That was fast. Oh, and several law-suits are pending. Woohoo!

Note to anyone eager to slander El Jefe: He carries grudges beyond rational levels and he happily searches for his name online... often... You've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home