Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Joys of Work

What kept me from my lovely little corner of blogginess? Work, that vile demon that sucks up a huge chunk of my wake hours, draining me of my joy and energy while making me feel helpless and useless at times. Joygasm.

I have had new projects dumped on me when I had a full-plate of work plus a family-sized side order of work. I was taking work home over the weekend to get it done, spending the weekend in front of a laptop, frantically trying to get it all done.

Then the flu hits because I was stressed and tired... and two guys in the office had it.

So now I'm doing the 'take work home' thing AND I'm sick and having to come into the office instead of resting. Again joygasm.

Today, still hopelessly overwhelmed (but back to 95% of my health) I am struggling to my own work done, plus play cowboy to the unruly other people on two projects we're all working on. (Oh, and they are now late... btw.) So they are wasting my time hunting them down, wasting my time making me repeat the same things over and over again and they still get it wrong. Now I'm another day behind in my work and I found out that we lost a project. A big one with many more lined up behind it.

For the record: I have NEVER lost a project. Ever. Until now.

To top it off, we're on the verge of losing another one. Tonight. Same people involved, they've totally misrepresented how much work they had done, and now I'm trapped in the middle. They (the coder, etc.) keep asking the same damn questions over and over. (They have all the paperwork I do... what am I the ONLY one to read it?) The owner is snarling at me about this and it reflects poorly on me because I can't 'control' the team.

Gads... shoot me now.

7 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Hmmm... And here I thought it was the boss's job to control the team...?

Did you get promoted? Get a bigger paycheck? No? Screw him! If you're not getting the perks, you're not doing his job for him!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Actually, I'm do one come January. He's already talked about it briefly. He called it a 'major' pay increase.

We'll see.

Today's the last day he's in my face until the 21st. Woohoo!

11:13 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

How the hell did you manage that??? Who'd you sleep with to get such a boon???

11:21 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No one. He's traveling for business out of the country. (And probably a little vacation, but I don't care.)

12:07 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, duh! Of course we don't care. Long as he's not coming to Norway...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Belgium.

12:59 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Far enough away I won't accidentally do damage to him... Good!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home