Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sad News

I got into work this morning to find an email from my aunt in Washington state. She was trying to call my mother and I yesterday. (She had our number saved incorrectly.) I was at work so I had mom call. Mom called me at the office to let me know that one of my aunts (her baby sisters) had passed away up in Alaska.

Oh...

I've never been close to my family with the exception of my mother and step-mother. (Dad knows he and I have communication-issues.) But it still threw me pretty hard. I'm kinda numb and sad. Plus, it makes me worry all the more. My mother is the eldest of her sisters. Two of them are gone already.

I think I'm going to make dinner again tonight. Something she really likes.

2 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

I'm not close with relatives, either. Mostly 'cause they're egotistical idiots, the lot of them.

I'm only close with my mother, my siblings, my nephew and my grandmother. I couldn't give a damn what the rest is up to, but those listed are important to me.

I'm sorry there was a loss in your family, especially because it was your mom's sister.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Thanks. I can barely remember any of them. I was there for a few years as a baby. Then again many years later for a brief visit to see my grandmother laid to rest. Missed the last family get-together. Lost my first aunt shortly thereafter. Now another.

When my aunt Mary died, my mom took it hard. Mary was the baby of the family. She got me to move back into the same state as her... and then into the same house (before I even got an apartment arranged). I don't know how she'll react to this.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home