Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Weekend Report

Ah... a three-day weekend. Glorious. How did a girl recovering from a nasty cold spend her three-day weekend? Sleeping, reading, sleeping, eating, playing on the computer, sleeping, and... oh yes, laundry and cooking. Joy.

Oh, Sunday was spent trying to keep my character alive in the Demon the Fallen game I play every Sunday. Let's see... There were two snipers shooting at her. Five bombs in a church. And loads of mind-controlled cops. A crazy mage, who is on my side but I still had to lay divine healing on his shot-up tush... okay, torso... twice and then his nearly blown-up entire self once. Me? I was puddled at his feet, a bloody angelic mess, passed out, turned back into my human form and nearly died several times on the operating table. Joy.

Did you know that fallen angels can have guardian angels? Nope? Ha! Yes, they can. While my character was floating on the verge of dying, her dead love came back and sat by her bedside petting her hair and telling her she'd be alright.

Yes, I cried. I'm a sap. I'll admit it.

Monday was spent being lazy at first. Slept late, woke up rudely to the sound of my mother dropping grocery bags on the table and yelling for me to get my a$$ out of bed and help her. She'd tried calling my cellphone to wake me before she got home so I'd be up and ready to help... problem is... my cellphone was still in my purse and my purse was in the other room. Anyway, by the time I threw on clothes and dashed out to help, she had everything inside. So I put everything away while she sat talking about the check-out lines, etc. (She works the night shift on base, so she'd just gotten off work an hour earlier.)

After I put things away, I made her breakfast as an apology for not helping with the groceries. Fried eggs over easy, sausage, toast, milk and water. She was cooing at me the whole time. Then off she goes to bed and off I go to read for a bit. Once she was good and asleep, I wondered out and washed the dishes and started lunch in the crockpot. Chicken peanut soup, yummy.

Then laundry, then a nap, then lunch with Mom, then more dishes, then more reading and more laundry, then making dinner... Pork chops baked in the oven with a little apple juice in the pan to keep them moist. Green beans, bread and butter to go with it. (I was getting tired.) The dishes did not get done again, my bad. My last set of clothes stayed in the dryer. And I spent the rest of the evening lost in a book.

Mom left for work and I went to sleep. Joy. Another weekend over. ::sigh::

23 Comments:

Blogger NorthWitch said...

Friday was shot for me as I worked the evening shift that entire week!

Saturday, I spent fighting with the Empress, vacuuming and having my mom and grandmother visiting. I had to drive them home, when the visit was over, but that's okay.

Sunday, more fighting with the Empress, she just won't quit, sometimes. Dirt everywhere as she's discovered that she can get up to the poor plant my grandmother gave me a few weeks back. Poor plant is barely hanging in there, I think she scared it to death!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - "The Life and Death of a Houseplant... Today, the evil furry beast climbed with deviltry in its eyes. It's mind focused upon feasting upon my leaves. I trembled... unable to escape my fate." Dun-dun-DUN!

Tune in tomorrow for the grissly details.

11:17 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yay! More dirt everywhere!

I'm mopping it up daily, trust me.

On Saturday, I put the poor plant on the sofa table, to let my gran know it was still alive (so far). I left it there when I went to bed, completely forgot it was there. Sunday morning, I got up to find that she had tipped the whole thing over, dirt, dirt, dirt everywhere, including her tail! I had to forcibly groom her tail for almost an hour to get all the dirt out!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::snickering:: You stole her stash! She was saving that for later!

11:41 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I know, I know... She was deeply offended I ruined her new 'do', hardly 'talked' to me for hours!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Just hide those beauty magazines so she does't learn about mudbaths, facials, etc. You'll come home to a mudbath in your living room. Empress Ylva sitting within it going "ah, the masseuse is finally here. You may rub me now. And I'll be wanting the hot rock treatment too."

12:46 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Ye Gawds!

I don't read magazines like that, so I'm safe... But I could still see it in my mind's eye! Scary, I tell you, SCARY!!!

Have to admit, at first when I came home today. The sink incident I told you about... I actually first thought she's gotten into some toothpaste, at first... Oh well, it was soap, so her mouth is clean... One way or another...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - She'd have preferred mint toothpaste to liquid soap.

They should make catnip-flavored toothpaste for cats. And brushes that you screw down near a sink or something. You screw down the base, lock the brush in place after dampening it, put the catnip-flavored toothpaste on it, rub it in a little with a finger, get out of the way as the cat tries to eat it and thus, brushes their own teeth. Ta-da! I'm a genius.

Oh, and wash your hands quickly before the cat tries to eat your finger.

Teehee, almost forgot that part.

1:03 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

::Blows on what remains of finger::

Yah, could have used that last bit of info a little sooner!

Nah, all kidding aside, she had me worried for about a split second, before I realized she'd gotten 'fresh' with the business end of the soap dispenser. I did try to wipe it out of her mouth, away from around her mouth, she was having none of that!

I do need to get my hands on some catnip for her scratching post, though...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Wish I could help. I've got a small bag of it at home. Georgia goes through phases where she's not interested in it.. then there are times where she tries to climb into the cabinet where I stash it.

Oh, and she likes hiding in the cabinets. Scared the heck outta me when I couldn't find her. I'm searching the house, under things, in things, finally grab her kitty-treats and shake the container.

::bonk:: I search for the source of the sound in time to see her walk out of on of the cabinets under the sink with a "you called" tilt to her head.

I need to buy child-proof locks for those cabinets. ::sigh::

1:15 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

The Empress is so fast, I barely catch a glimpse of her tail, going in...

Did I tell you I accidentally locked her inside the china cabinet, once?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

You hadn't. So how many dishes did the Empress break in an effort to free herself from your brutal torture cabinet?

1:27 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Wow, was it that bad?

1:31 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

A grand total of zero!

She snuck into the bottom section, while I was bust stacking some other stuff further up. The bottom section is home to my dinner plates, and such. It's all a set, and it's a dark, burnt brown. So dark, that I didn't even see the feline that had curled up on top of a stack of dinner plates. I shut the doors, lock 'em into place and go about my business. Don't know how long after, I started wondering about the furball, where was she? I started looking around, not seeing her anywhere. Until I heard the faintest 'Meep', look at the cabinet, seeing nothing, turn to walk away, hear another 'Meep?', this time I could actually hear the question mark, look down and see her tiny little face pressed against the glass, looking like she's going, 'Hey! Lemme out!!! I'll be good, I promise!!!!' Yah, we see how long that lasted...

1:36 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::snickering:: Sounds like a dish you'd get at an upscale Korean restuarant... cat under glass.

1:42 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I doubt that dish still has fur, whiskers and claws still attached... and primed and ready for use!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Hmmm... me thinks that you have a point. Now, please point Ylva's claws away from me. Please. No more cat-food jokes. Promise.

1:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

They're firmly dug into my bedroom curtains, so much for resting the eyes... I had to get back up, no rest with the Empress swinging from the drapes...

2:12 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Gee, Yvla. I wasn't lonely. Promise. And Georgia already gave you her "hanging from the curtains" trophy. Let your human rest a little.

2:32 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

She was deeply offended by the fact that her American Auntie can't even spell her name right, told me to tell you, 'It's Ylva, spelled E-m-p-r-e-s-s!'

3:18 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::snort::

Sorry, that happens when I type fast. Empress. Queen Georgia would like to know if the soapy taste is gone and recommends chewing on your human to remove the unpleasant taste. Queen Georgia, naturally, has two humans to chew on, such is Her grandeur.

::chuckles::

Man, is it 5 pm here yet?
::checks the clock::
::sigh::
No, 1.5 hours to go.

3:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Nah, the Empress would prefer something in the flavor of 'pine' or anything else green... Oh, and the hand that feeds her, of course!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home