Raina Nathair & the Electronic Quill

Raina Nathair's personal thoughts and bad puns/jokes as she navigates the choppy waters that her little lifeboat seems destined to rock upon forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Coast, United States

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fare Thee Well My Biting Buddy

::chuckles:: There's a gent working as an intern in the office, today's his last day. Unlike many people here, he's made it a humorous experience. Having marathon "civil discourse" sessions with my co-workers (one in particular), joyfully poking people to watch their reactions and entertaining me with his unique 'meat & potatoes' kind of diet. That's right, no veggies... not if he can help it. LOL Oh, and much munching of Ramon noodles... not Oodles of Noodles... Ramon. Get it right.

He's heading home to Nevada, tomorrow. Geez, I guess the lovely East Coast didn't suit him. ::chuckles:: He's got a job lined up and everything. So adult. LOL He's also got a fabulous blog called Cognitive Dissonance. It's an interesting read, very politically charged but not always. Check it out, but take some advice from me. Don't flame him, he enjoys eating people who flame for breakfast.

So fare thee well my biting buddy as you leave here to sink your teeth into a new job and a new challenge.

Chaos. <-Yes, chaos... not ciao.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Fun blog, I bet he was a blast to work with.

Just fyi, turned on a friend to Ouran HS Host Club..the cult is growing....

9:04 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Woohoo! I do enjoy being a trend-setter.

And yes, he was. Took him out for a goodbye and good luck dinner last night. Chatted about a lot of things. Things that might tick the bosses off if I am lucky.

::flips through the want ads::

9:09 AM  
Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Did he plan some good bye chaos? That could be fun! :-D

8:53 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, a little. His goodbye email was short and very terse. Most people write average sized, witty goodbyes. Not him. Short, terse, biting all in good fun.

The chaos? He's encouraging me to find another job where I will earn more and do more of what I enjoy without having the CFO treating me like a pet or an assistant without the pay benefits.

Everytime I step 'out of line' the CFO happily plays the 'we created this position for you/you are expendable' card. It's getting old. I'll be taking his advice at least in part.

Find a job listing that pays a little more and bring it up that when I negotiate for a raise.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes my blog is awesome...
Yes I am awesome to work with...
Yes Iron Man is TOTALLY AWESOME

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home